This week’s prompts come from Joan Leotta.
Use one or these prompts each day to get in a little creative writing practice.
It’s a great way to start your day.
Creative Writing Prompts
1. April is said to be the cruelest month. Write fifty words (any form) proving that to be true in your life.
2. April is the cruelest month – write fifty words disproving that (any form) in your own life.
3. Tell about a time you were caught in the rain.
4. Tell about a time you purposely went out and played in the rain.
5. Have you every prayed for rain? Write about the need for rain (real rain).
6. What does rain mean to you? Spring flowers? More than that? Give a few paragraphs on this.
7. April is also full of sunny days. Write about good times associated with April, times that do not need to wait for May to be enjoyed, living life in the moment.
8. What are your favorite April flowers? Write a short letter to yourself from the point of view of your favorite spring flower (April blooming, of course).
9. April is Shakespeare’s birthday month – write a brief memoir-style story from the point of view of King Lear.
10. April 11th is the full moon. It’s supposed to look pink this year. Write about the effect the full moon has on your behavior.
About Joan Leotta
Joan Leotta has been playing with words since childhood.
She is a poet, essayist, journalist, playwright, and author of several books both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults.
Joan lives in Calabash, NC where she walks the beach with husband, Joe.
You can contact her via her blog or her Facebook page.