Try these new creative writing prompts from Gladys Swedak while you’re still in the holiday mode.
- It is New Year’s Eve. You are alone but don’t feel alone. There is a presence around you. What is it or who is it?
- It is the middle of January and time to put Christmas decorations away until next year. You find something unexpected in the box the decorations go into. What is it and how did it get there?
- It’s New Year’s Eve and you’ve been talked into going on a blind date with your best friend’s boy/girl friend’s buddy. Is it a successful evening or not and why?
- You are hosting your family’s New Year’s Day dinner. An unexpected guest comes with your sister or brother. Who is it and are you happy about it or not?
- The New Year is ahead of you; you wrote out and burned what you were leaving in 2015. What is ahead of you in the New Year?
- January usually is a hard month for you but as it progresses it seems to be getting better, everything is coming your way as you had asked in the Christmas wish you made last month when you say Santa. What is it you asked for and how is it happening?
- You got a major Christmas present from someone you are thinking of end relations with. What was the present, who gave it to you and how do you return it?
- While you are cleaning up after New Year’s you find a gift under the tree you thought you had given to someone special. You realize you must have given the wrong present to that person. How do you find out how s/he feels about the present they got and how do you convince them it is the wrong present?
- You are at a ski resort for Christmas. As you are riding up the mountain in the gondola someone from your past sits beside you. Who is it and what is the rest of your holiday like?
- This was a bad Christmas for you, one of the worst you can remember. Why was it so bad and what are you going to do about making the rest of the holiday better?
About Gladys Swedak
Gladys Swedak lives in Vancouver B.C with her husband and two cats. She has self published two books, The Wild Ones and White Medicine Woman. A story of hers was also accepted by Chicken Soup for the Inspirational Nurses Soul to be out July 2015. Her hobbies are writing, reading, sewing, knitting and crocheting.