Here are some new creative writing prompts to help you start writing this week. Use the prompts as story starters or just see where your writing goes with one the prompts.
1. You are the proud owner of a baby animal, dog, cat, whatever you want it to be, but it is only 3 weeks old and should not be away from its mother for another 5 weeks, but somehow you have to feed it. What do you feed it and how did you get such a young animal?
2. You are getting married in one week, but the church you were going to be married in was victim of a fire last night. Your wedding and reception venue is gone. It is the middle of summer and every available church is booked until the fall. What do you do?
3. You have written a journal of a trip you took a number of years ago. It was a trip like no other you have ever had. You want to write a story about that trip for a spiritual magazine. What do you call it and why is it so spiritually special?
4. You are planning a holiday for next summer, but your partner wants to go somewhere else. Do you compromise or do you let go of your plan and go along with your partner? How does it work out?
5. You own a airline that goes to out of the way places for emergencies. There is an emergency in Antarctic and they need your plane and pilot. Do you send your best pilot, which happens to be you or do you send one of your other pilots as you have personal business to keep you at home? Either way what happens?
6. You are close to a bold eagle’s nest, and have been watching a baby eaglet hatch and grow. But for the last few days the parents haven’t been back. You can tell the eaglet is hungry. What do you do?
7. You want to lose weight, have promised yourself you will reach a certain weight by a certain month. Things seem to be going against you; you can’t seem to reach your caloric intake to lose the weight. You can’t even get close to the 1500 calories a day. How do you lose the weight?
8. Or you need to gain weight and don’t know how to do it. I know that part is easy but not if your metabolism is out of control. No matter what you eat you can’t gain the weight you need.
9. Your life seems to be out of balance, nothing you do seem to be right. Who do you talk to and what do you do?
10. You have been offered a job but it is in another country that has been in the news as being war torn and violent. The person offering the position promised you will be safe if you follow his directions and do what he says. Do you go? If you do is he right or do you get into the war that is raging all around you?
About Gladys Swedak
Gladys Swedak is a senior living in Vancouver with her husband and two cats. She started writing a number of years ago after telling her husband she had a story for a prompt in a biweekly paper. He told her there is a computer downstairs and to go and write it. She didn’t win the contest but it got her back into writing. She likes writing fiction and usually writes from a line prompt or even a picture.