Here are some new creative writing prompts from Joan Leotta.
You still have time to get a little creative writing done this week with these prompts.
1. You are in church, at a wedding and a loud sneezng fit comes on – you are allergic to the flowers decorating the church. What happens next?
2. Imagine you are at an early fall wedding and suddenly it snows. Is this an outdoor wedding? What happens next?
3. You were invited on the groom’s side. He is your nephew. The bride Liza Smith. Music starts and the bride begins her procession, you look and she is your doppleganger (at that age) you realize she is the child you gave up for adoption years ago—and the groom’s first cousin.
4. You were not able to take a vacation in the summer, so you have planned an after Labor Day getaway, but the beach resort you thought was open year round is almost entirely shut down! What to do!
5. The first couple of weeks of school seemed to go well but now, your child tells you that her teacher hates her and is making fun of her in front of the class. What do you do?
6. You suddenly discover that your child’s piano teacher is a convicted bank robber now out on bail. Is safe cracking the secret to those nimble fingers?
7. You are sitting in a café watching life go by and the waiter spills someone’s order on you.
8. September is always a time for a fresh start for you. What does your fresh start entail this year?
9. How much is that doggie in the window? You just HAVE to have the sweet little puppy in the pet shop window.
10. Skydiving…it’s on so many people’s bucket list. Your brother seems to think it’s on yours because he’s scheduled a jump for the two of you.
About Joan Leotta
Joan Leotta has been playing with words since childhood. She is a poet, essayist, journalist, playwright, and author of several books both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults.
Joan lives in Calabash, NC where she walks the beach with husband, Joe. You can contact her via her blog or her Facebook page.