1. It’s the first cool day of fall where you live. You decide to…
2. You see a special picture of an animal. The animal is trying to tell you something. What is the animal and what is it that it is trying to tell you?
3. You are afraid to do something so you pray for help. You discuss it with a friend and they tell you to do it. What is the thing you are afraid of dong, do you do it and what happens?
4. You are asked to be a bride’s maid for a friend, but it isn’t the kind of wedding you expected. Why not and how do you react?
5. You get an unexpected loan from a friend. What is it, what do you do with it and do you remember to repay the loan even though the lender said you didn’t have to return it?
6. Write a poem about loving yourself. It can be just a few lines or a full page, rhyming or not.
7. There is a hymn, Peace Begins With Me. How do you bring peace into your world and extend it into the world?
8. You find an injured cat or dog on your porch when you open your door to go out. What happened to the animal and what do you do?
9. There is a saying, Life begins at 40. But you have passed 40 and it seems to you that your life is over, then suddenly something happens to change that? What is it?
10. You are told by your doctor that you have to quit drinking coffee and anything that has caffeine. Describe your first morning with coffee.
About Gladys Swedak
Gladys Swedak is a senior living in Vancouver with her husband and two cats. She started writing a number of years ago after telling her husband she had a story for a prompt in a biweekly paper. He told her there is a computer downstairs and to go and write it. She didn’t win the contest but it got her back into writing. She likes writing fiction and usually writes from a line prompt or even a picture.
Gladys is the author of White Medicine Woman and The Wild Ones (about gentling wild horses without their knowledge of being trained). The Wild Ones is from the horse’s point of view.