Try these fall creative writing prompts from Joan Leotta to have a little writing fun this week.
1. Apples, pumpkins, scary, fall colors, harvest moon
Apple Pie! Your challenge is to make an apple pie that is not boring, different from any other apple pie you have ever tasted —you can add one ingredient to the basic recipe — that was the challenge at the food judge gave. Describe what you do and what happens when the pies are judged.
2. She smiled. “Apples are my favorite fruit—snow white notwithstanding. However, I prefer to use pears when poisoning people.”
3. What are you afraid of? Why?
4.If I could pick a favorite fall color it would be_______ because:
5.The Harvest Moon seems bigger and brighter than other full moons in the year. That’s because of the legend of …….
6. Leaves! Achoo! I’m allergic to the mold and dust they bring when my neighbor piles them by my driveway for the recycle pickup. After years of suffering, I have finally figured out how to make him stop.
7. Pumpkin carving used to be my favorite Halloween activity — until last year.
About Joan Leotta
Joan Leotta has been playing with words since childhood. She is a poet, essayist, journalist, playwright, and author of several books both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults.
Joan lives in Calabash, NC where she walks the beach with husband, Joe. You can contact her via her blog or her Facebook page.