1. You are preparing the Thanksgiving Dinner, open the turkey and it reeks! The meat has gone bad. Stores are closed!
2. Two days before Thanksgiving you get a phone call from some out of town friends who had declined your invitation to come for the feast. “We are coming,” they tell you! What do you do?
3. You have been asked to give the Thanksgiving blessing. What to say?
4. The day before Thanksgiving your daughter announces she has become a vegetarian.
5. Your best friend calls on Thanksgiving Day and tells you she is not gong Black Friday shopping with you the next day. She has decided not to give any gifts this year.
6. The moon is bigger than it has been in years. You step out of your house in the middle of the night to catch it at its peak and find gray clouds and rain instead of stars and moon.
7. All of the little animals are getting ready for winter. You like to watch the squirrels racing about in your yard, but when you discover they are building a nest in your attic.
About Joan Leotta
Joan Leotta has been playing with words since childhood. She is a poet, essayist, journalist, playwright, and author of several books both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults.
Joan lives in Calabash, NC where she walks the beach with husband, Joe. You can contact her via her blog or her Facebook page.