This week’s writing prompts are from Gladys Swedak.
Although most of these are nonfiction prompts, you can still use them to come up with a new story or two if you get creative.
1. Easter is coming and you don’t want to spend it alone so you decide that you will take a trip. Where do you go? Who is with you? How does it turn out?
2. It is Palm Sunday, your mother, step-father, sister and brother. But you just got an e-mail from both your sister and brother. They are both bringing a friend. What do you do and if everyone comes how you do manage?
3. Your birthday is Easter weekend. How do you celebrate your birthday and Easter?
4. April indicates that spring is here and summer is just around the corner. What are you planning for the summer?
5. You have a manuscript ready for publication. Are you going to try and find a traditional publisher or go the self-publish route and why?
6. Chicken Soup for the Soul is calling for stories about stepping out of your comfort zone. What is your comfort zone and how do you step out of it? Do you send the story to Chicken Soup for the Soul? If you send it why do you and if you don’t send it, why not?
7. You do something you have never done before. What is it and why did you do it?
8. Belief in yourself is hard for you but a friend is telling you that she believes you can do something you’ve wanted to do for many years. What is it, do you do it, what happens if you do or don’t do it?
9. The day before Good Friday you receive a package in the mail with no return name or address in it. It is registered so you have to sign for it. What is in the package and how do you find out who sent it?
10. Easter is usually a happy time of year but for some reason this year you are unhappy and don’t even want to think of Easter. Why and what happens?
About Gladys Swedak
Gladys Swedak is a senior living in Vancouver with her husband and two cats. She started writing a number of years ago after telling her husband she had a story for a prompt in a biweekly paper. He told her there is a computer downstairs and to go and write it. She didn’t win the contest but it got her back into writing. She likes writing fiction and usually writes from a line prompt or even a picture.