As June gets underway, here are some prompts about June events to help you get a little creative writing practice.
Creative Writing Prompts
1. Graduation blues hitting you?
Write about the worst moment of your own graduation or one you just attended.
2. How about switching that up and telling us the best part of graduating (again, yours or someone else’s)?
3. June is the month of weddings.
Were you a June bride? Why did you pick June for your wedding month?
4. What is the most memorable thing that happened at your wedding?
5. Think about your wedding.
Is there anyone who came to your wedding who you did not want to invite but had to?
6. It’s almost Father’s Day.
What did or do you love best about your father?
7. What do you wish you could have asked your grandfather? And why?
8. Where do your ancestors come from?
When did they arrive? What was life like for them when they first came to America?
9. Have you ever traveled to the country your ancestors came from?
What did you like best?
10. Have you ever encountered someone who disliked you for your race or heritage?
How did you handle it?
About Joan Leotta
Joan Leotta has been playing with words since childhood.
She is a poet, essayist, journalist, playwright, and author of several books both fiction and non-fiction for children and adults.
Joan lives in Calabash, NC where she walks the beach with husband, Joe.
You can contact her via her blog or her Facebook page.