Celebrate the arrival of autumn with these new creative writing prompts for October.
Fall Creative Writing Prompts
1. Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up soon. You are the one to have the whole family come for dinner. You are not in good standing with your mother’s new husband nor his son. But, of course, they are coming with your mother.
2. A friend has asked to you Thanksgiving Dinner. But this friend is very nonconventional.
3. School has been in for a month, and your child is already already being bullied.
4. Something is bothering you about the arrival of Autumn but you don’t know what it is.
5. You have been away for three weeks to a foreign country and love it. You decide you want to immigrate there.
6. Your garden is harvested and now is the time for getting ready for winter. But there is something holding you back.
7. You are in a new relationship and s/he asks you to share the family’s Thanksgiving Dinner.
8. You have a 3-month cruise coming up through the Caribbean. But the person who was going with you can’t go for whatever reason.
9. You have 2 cats and are looking to adopt a small dog. But the adoption process isn’t as easy as you had hoped it would be.
10. You have a new book coming out in a few weeks, how do you market it and get it to the public?
About Gladys Swedak
Gladys Swedak is a senior living in Vancouver with her husband and two cats. She started writing a number of years ago after telling her husband she had a story for a prompt in a biweekly paper. He told her there is a computer downstairs and to go and write it. She didn’t win the contest but it got her back into writing. She likes writing fiction and usually writes from a line prompt or even a picture.